Rural and Remote Counselling
Counselling, including telephone and online counselling, is available for people in rural or remote circumstances.
Telephone counselling is available from the following states and territories:
What to expect
- At the first call, our receptionist will determine the best course of action to support you. An appointment may be made for you to speak with a counsellor at a later time.
- At the agreed appointment time your counsellor will be ready for your call, and generally available to speak for one hour.
- At the end of the session you will be able to make another appointment with the same counsellor.
- There is a negotiated fee for counselling, just as there is with people who come in person for counselling. Counselling fees vary across states and territories and are determined on a sliding scale according to family income.
- There is a fee waiver for people in drought-affected areas using telephone counselling.
- All our services are confidential, within the limits of the law and provided by qualified counsellors.
For counselling services in your local area or region, please contact your closest Relationships Australia office or call us on 1300 364 277.